The position is part of the Collaborative Research Center 1342 “Global Dynamics of Social Policy” (SFB 1342 - Globale Entwicklungsdynamiken von Sozialpolitik) funded by the German Research Foundation and will be located within the project "B12 - Crisis Management of the Covid 19 Pandemic by International Organizations".
The CRC comprises 15 projects and is divided into two sections. Projects in section A mainly rely on macro quantitative techniques to analyse and explain social policy dynamics in a global perspective. In the projects of section B, the mechanisms that link international interdependencies and national determinants to the spread, inclusiveness, and generosity of social policy dynamics are analysed by applying qualitative case study analyses.
Project B12 is led by Prof. Dr. Alexandra Kaasch (Bielefeld University), Dr. Ewa Kaminska-Visser and Prof. Dr. Kerstin Martens. It focusses on eight globally and regionally operating International Organisations (WHO, World Bank OECD, ILO, EU, ASEAN, Mercosur, African Union) and their crisis management during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic. Through systematic analysis of social policy ideas, recommendations, and measures IOs have induced during the crisis, the project assesses the actor quality of IOs understood as the international contextual framework that is essential for understanding national policies on Covid-19. The project specifically looks at the three social policies fields of health policy, labor market policy, and social security.
The research tasks (100 %) contains Data collection and analysis about:
- case study research on one globally and one regionally operating IO in the fields of health, labor market and social security.
- case study research on one country and interaction with IOs (Sweden, South Africa, Thailand, Uruguay)
- contribution to comparative analyses across IOs and policy fields
Employment is conductive to scientific qualification.
- salary according to Remuneration level 13 TV-L
- befristet (limited until 31.12.2025) (§ 2 (1) sentence 1 of the WissZeitVG; in accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases)
- Teilzeit 65 %
- internal and external training opportunities
- wide range of health, consulting and prevention service
- reconcilability of family and working life
- constant place of work (Bielefeld)
- flexible working hours
- job ticket for regional public transport network
- supplementary company pension
- collegial working environment
- completed university studies (Master's degree or diploma) in one of the social sciences or related fields
- knowledge or interest in policy field analysis
- knowledge or interest in International Organizations
- knowledge of qualitative methods (e.g. document analysis, expert interviews)
- excellent command of written and spoken English
- independent, self-reliant and dedicated style of work
- strong organizational and coordination skills
- ability to cooperate and to work in a team
- written and spoken German language skills (or strong interest and willingness to learn German)
- additional knowledge of French or Spanish
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For full consideration, your application should be received via either email (a single PDF document is required) sent to email@example.com or
post (see postal address). Please mark your application with the identification code: Wiss22112. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. For Information on the processing of personal data click here
application deadline: 10.02.2022