Research Positions (PhD) in "Natural Language Processing/computational linguistics: Evaluation of Text Generation"
The Natural Language Learning Group (NLLG), headed by Prof. Dr. (i. V.) Steffen Eger, at Bielefeld University is looking for three PhDs
until the end of the project (31.08.2025) in the area of Natural Language Processing in the context of the BMBF funded project "Metrics4NLG".
Research (100 %) with a focus on evaluation for text generation (Machine Translation, Summarization, Dialogue, Poetry, etc.) as well as text generation itself in interdisciplinary humanities contexts. A particular focus is on explainability, efficiency, robustness, etc.
Employment is conductive to scientific qualification.
- salary depends on personal qualification up to Remuneration level 13 TV-L
- befristet (limited until 31.08.2025) (§ 2 (1) of the WissZeitVG; in accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases) - with option of continued employ
- internal and external training opportunities
- variety of health, consulting and prevention services
- reconcilability of family and work
- constant place of work (Bielefeld) without travel activities
- flexible working hours
- job ticket for regional public transport network, good transport connection
- supplementary company pension
- collegial working environment
- open and pleasant working atmosphere
- exciting, varied tasks
- various offers (canteen, cafeteria, restaurants, Uni-Shop, ATM, etc.)
- completed degree in Computer Science or related field
- knowledge in NLP
- good knowledge in Deep Learning for NLP (including modern techniques such as BERT)
- independent, committed, cooperative and team oriented work style
- knowledge in text generation and evaluation (e. g., BERTScore, MoverScore)
- german language skills
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For full consideration, your application should be received via either email (a single PDF document is required) sent to email@example.com or
post (see postal address). Please mark your application with the identification code: Wiss22680. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. For Information on the processing of personal data click here
application deadline: 30.09.2022