The newly founded Transregional Collaborative Research Center (TRR 318) „Constructing Explainability“ has the f
Research Position for the SFB TRR 318 (Subproject C03-BH)
The newly founded Transregional Collaborative Research Center Transregio (TRR 318) „Constructing Explainability“, which is carried out jointly by the universities of Paderborn and Bielefeld, investigates how algorithmic transparency can be fostered, in particular in the context of black-box models as used in state-of-the-art artificial intelligence systems. The central hypothesis of the research center is that explanations of algorithmic decisions are most efficient if they are constructed jointly (co-constructed) by the explainer and the explainee. The mechanisms of this co-construction will be investigated by an interdisciplinary consortium to lay the foundations for the sovereign and informed decision making by humans in their interaction with intelligent systems.
The possibility of further scientific qualification (doctorate) is given and supported by an interdisciplinary graduate school. Participation in teaching is expressly desired.
In the project C03 “Explaining Change”, it is to be investigated in particular how explanation components can be designed in the case of incremental machine learning methods. In addition to the explanatory components of observed model changes, aspects of computational efficiency, if necessary in real time, and consistency over time evolution play a crucial role here. Based on new machine learning methods for dealing with drift, efficient models will be designed and tested in applications, especially for sophisticated black-box models.
The job posting is subject to funding approval.
- interdisciplinary research in the subject area of the above-mentioned project, participation in the joint research activities of the CRC, publication and presentation of results (90 %)
- contribution to teaching (5 %) and administrative activities (5 %)
The employment is designed to encourage further academic qualification.
- salary according to Remuneration level 13 TV-L
- befristet position until end of project, probably 30.06.2025 (§ 2 (1) sentence 1 of the WissZeitVG; in accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases)
- internal and external training opportunities
- a wide range of health, consulting and prevention service
- reconcilability of family and working life
- constant place of work (Bielefeld) without travel activities
- flexible working hours
- job ticket for regional public transport network
- relevant Master Degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, cognitive science, data science, or related areas
- very good analytical and conceptual skills
- a communicative and team-oriented style of work
- strong organizational and coordination skills
- independent, self-reliant and dedicated style of work
- interest in interdisciplinary research cooperation
- very good English skills (oral and written)
- expertise in machine learning
- expertise Python, in particular Scikit-Learn
- deep learning
- statistical modelling
- expertise in incremental learning
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For full consideration, your application (including letter of motivation, CV, (if aplicable) list of publications) should be received via either email (a single PDF document is required) sent to email@example.com or post (see postal address). Please mark your application with the identification code: Wiss21669. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. For Information on the processing of personal data click here
application deadline: 23.06.2021